1. Only one living creature knew about the
flowery pasture where Ehel and Franciska went.
2. "Lisi," said the little girl laying her hand in the teacher's and lifting
her head with two merry brown eyes under a frightful tangle of hair.
3. For a week now the teacher had been giving instruction in knitting
and mending, and not one of the children had forgotten that the
universally desired comb would be the prize for her work.
4. "Tell me now, Ehel, tell me frankly, without
being afraid," she said encouragingly.
5. She seated herself with her work on the little bench.
6. This is the fairy of Intra.
7. Heribli would beat time with his fists.
8. Then he drew a few firm strokes and began to sing.
Dustwrapper photo source unknown.