1. The old lady had seated herself in a high-backed chair by the window.
2. "I, too, live in the Past, at times," she said.
3. "Have we ever been in Chester before,
Hugh— when we were small, I mean?"
4. Rosamond awoke to the sound of running water and the singing of birds.
5. "I love it here," said Rosamond contentedly. "It is like a fairy tale."
6. They seated themselves proudly beside him.
7. "Thirty years ago I saw the fiery cross go round."
8. The adventurous Ian was peering over the farther edge.
9. He bent and kissed the handle on which her hand would rest.
10. "Madam, I would lay down my life for the Prince."
11. Seizing a pair of sharp-pointed scissors from
a work-bag, the girl started to cut off her hair.
12. "'Tis copied from an old Greek jug," said the boy.
13. Alec Macdonald reclined against a boulder, breathing heavily.
14. Zillah, a gipsy girl of about her own age, was
spreading out a variety of garments before her.
15. "I cannot, for the life of me, see any opening here."